multimaster and ldappasswd

Hi!

I have  two machines setup in a multimaster configuration. It works well,
except for changing user passwords with ldappasswd.
When I try to change a user password i get this:

boo01# ldappasswd -Dcn=Manager,dc=my-domain,dc=com -wsecret -h boo01
Result: DSA is unwilling to perform (53)
Additional info: authorization database is a read-only replica

The ldap server is not a read-only replica, but a rather multimaster.
Can anybody give me a hint how to change user password with ldappasswd on a
multimaster ?

I run openldap 2.0.25 on IRIX 6.5.14
I can change the password with ldapmodify but would rather use ldappasswd

Thanks

-Olle Westman