From: afardong [mailto:afardong@263.sina.com]
Sent: Thursday, December 05, 2002 8:31 PM
To: Rechenberg, Andrew; openldap-software@OpenLDAP.org
Subject: Re: Connect to LDAP via ssl failed

hi,

Thanks for your advice. Our administrator of AD server had genertaed a
certificate, imported into Personal Computer store, and the Trusted Root
CA store on itselfe before, but I still failed to connect the AD server
from remote host via ssl. Here's the result I use openssl(in linux) to
verify the cerfiticate of the AD server:
---
New, TLSv1/SSLv3, Cipher is RC4-MD5
Server public key is 1024 bit
SSL-Session:
    Protocol  : TLSv1
    Cipher    : RC4-MD5
    Session-ID:
3D1400009BBAA03598DC56D949FC28D940924372EEF40AF8D8A37AD8A8A83F56
    Session-ID-ctx:
    Master-Key:
D60476FD2077EC2A5D440EA81DE35FCAF9DAB3DA7537207724705C00ADE06693C839490F
7B2128F3E01E62FF72C21432
    Key-Arg   : None
    Start Time: 1039137298
    Timeout   : 300 (sec)
    Verify return code: 21 (unable to verify the first certificate)
---

I'd like to take your way to have a try while I don't kown how to
generated a new certificate with openssl(in windows) and how to  import
it into the Personal Computer store, and the Trusted Root CA store.

Thanks a lot :-)

Afar
Things would always be better than what we had expected...
So Try and Learn and Get more! :-)