Re: ldap_bind: Invalid credentials

Hi,

Thanks for the reply.
If i actually switched on my brain and used the following ldapsearch
command my user aceadmin does work quiet well:

ldapsearch -D "uid=aceadmin,dc=users,dc=acenet,dc=com,dc=au" -x -W

And it works exactly as I expected, however imap still says that the
user does not exist, when the above command works fine.

Maybe i'm missing something somewhere, but I was lead the believe that
if the ldapsearch command works then everything is aok, and therefore
imap should be working.

Thanks

Craig
ons, 2002-12-04 kl. 05:01 skrev Craig Marchant:

> When I use the below command, I get an Invalid Credentials error
> message.

> ldapsearch -D "cn=aceadmin,dc=users,dc=acenet,dc=com,dc=au" -x -W
> ldap_bind: Invalid credentials

> And i Know the username and password work perfectly well for other
> services like POP3. So I don't understand why I can't use the command
> above.

> However, when I try to use IMAP I get a string of errors like this in
> my messages log:

> Dec  4 14:38:43 mail1 imapd[22445]: pam_ldap: error trying to bind as
> user "uid=aceadmin,dc=users,dc=acenet,dc=com,dc=au" (Invalid
> credentials)
> Dec  4 14:38:43 mail1 PAM_pwdb[22445]: check pass; user unknown
> Dec  4 14:38:44 mail1 imapd[22445]: Login failure user=aceadmin
> host=mail1 [203.202.60.5]
> Dec  4 14:38:47 mail1 imapd[22445]: AUTHENTICATE LOGIN failure
> host=mail1 [203.202.60.5]

Both lpap and imap are telling you you don't have a user with uid
aceadmin in dc users..

Your slapd.conf certainly doesn't.

Best,

Tony