Re: problem with subordinate backends

> A 11:04 28/11/2002 +0100, Pierangelo Masarati a écrit :
>
>>I'm afraid there is.  Please try putting the
>>
>>database        monitor
>>
>>statement at the end; I need to track the bug down
>>and I'm not sure I have time right now.  Note that
>>the monitor backend was written before the subordinate
>>stuff came in, so I might have used database info in a
>>nave way ... ;)
>
> It's the same thing :
> slapd: database.c:145: monitor_subsys_database_init: Assertion `j >= 0'
> failed.
>
> i can work without the monitor, but I always have a problem with the
> subordinate backends :
>
> database        ldbm
> suffix          "ou=etudiants,dc=univ-nancy2,dc=fr"
> subordinate
>
> database        ldbm
> suffix          "ou=pers,dc=univ-nancy2,dc=fr"
> subordinate
>
> database        ldbm
> suffix          "dc=univ-nancy2,dc=fr"
>
> If I ask with base ou=etudiants,dc=... or base ou=pers,dc=... , it works
>
> If I ask with base dc=... or base dc=..., it works for a few requests (4
> - 5), and I rapidely have rapidely a segmentation fault.

This is a completely different problem; the bug might be in the
"glue" stuff.  I suggest you collect all the debug info you have
(and significantly stack traces of both bug types) and file an ITS
so we can better keep track of the status of the problem.

Pierangelo.

--
Pierangelo Masarati
mailto:pierangelo.masarati@sys-net.it