How to do the applications to use multiples LDAP Servers ???

Hi All,

My question isn't accurately about openldap, but is relationed. I have
one master and two slaves ldap servers. When a server for wich the
applications are pointing is down, the applications cannot login. I want
to do the applications locate automatically the other servers (one of
this applications is a Samba server). I thought about using dns for
this, it is possible ??? If yes, how to make this (using srv registers)
??? If not, how are the suggestions ???

With best regards,