Re: openldap, samba, smbldap tools

Gregory Chagnon wrote:
Hi-
I'musing the smbldap tools to create ldap entries for user logins through samba. I was just wondering if anyone knew what format userPassword is stored in. Is it an md5 hash? Thanks!!

userpassword is whatever you want it to be. AFAICT is ldappasswd used for generating the userPassword, so you can configure this in slapd.conf. The lmPassword is some strange Hash and the ntPassword is md4.

regards
Markus Schabel
| TGM - Die Schule der Technik               |
| IT-Service                                 |
| A-1200 Wien, Wexstrasse 19-23              |
| Tel.: +43(1)33126/316 Fax: +43(1)33126/154 |
| eMail: markus.schabel@tgm.ac.at            |