Re: New 2.1.8 SRPM/RPM packages

> Pierangelo Masarati a écrit :

>> AUXILIARY
>> >
>> > I asked about that exact change a few weeks (months now?) ago and I
>> think Kurt said that the best practice would be to create a new
>> objectclass with the features you want rather than use cosine.
>> (Please request a new oid space, as always...)
>>
>> Nobody should change standard track schemas,

I don't want to be pedantic, I said SHOULD :) in fact if you claim
you're providing something that is standard track you should provide
it AS IS.  I perfectly understand why you need to change that
objectclass to auxiliary; however, there's a cleaner way to do that,
it is to provide your own addition to that schema (under your oid)
with a "fixed" account OC that is derived both from, say,
"inetOrgPerson" and "account".  A more easy fix to your RPM could be
to provide both the regular and the patched cosine.schema files,
with the "account" objectClass defined as you did but under your OID
space and with a different name; a notice to users that states that
the regular one cannot be used in conjunction with other structural
OCs while yours can at the cost of breaking some compatibility should
suffice.  Then it's up to the users (not to you) to hack the
cosine.schema if they like.

Sorry again for being pedantic :)

Pierangelo.

--