From: owner-openldap-software@OpenLDAP.org
[mailto:owner-openldap-software@OpenLDAP.org] On Behalf Of Jörg Schulz
Sent: Friday, November 22, 2002 3:22 AM
To: openldap-software@OpenLDAP.org
Subject: Re: Windows NT DOMAIN backend

Am Freitag, 22. November 2002 12:43 schrieb Rodolfo Siviero Stein:
> Hello guys,
>
> 	I am new to LDAP and now I am trying to authenticate some users
in a
> Windows NT 4  domain  (I don't have Active Directory, available in
Win2K).

> 	Can it be done using some OpenLDAP backend ?
>
> 	Anyone can help me with some links or some instructions on how
to do this
> using OpenLDAP 2.1.8 in a RedHat 7.3 linux box ?
>
> 	I will apreciate any help !
>
> 	Thx
>
> 	Rodolfo

The only solution I know of is to use Samba as a PDC with LDAP as a
backend.

See
http://de.samba.org/samba/docs/Samba-HOWTO-Collection.html#SAMBA-LDAP-HO
WTO
for howto use LDAP as a backend (this works for me), and
http://www.unav.es/cti/ldap-smb/ldap-smb-2_2-howto.html
for howto use it as a PDC with LDAP backend.

Jörg