Does a Slave-server needs to see a Master ?

Thanks for reading this question.

We have installed 4 openldap servers. 1 master and 3 slaves.

All the changes on the master works fine and are replicated to the slaves.

This week I had to switch of the master server, and noticed that our users could

not logon to the mail-server which is using ldap-authorisation and should use a

slave server for there requests.

As soon as I started the master server again, everything works fine.

My question is: Is it possible to only use the slave-servers, and if so, how can

I configure the slave servers not to connect to the master server.

If you need more info, please let me know and I will send it.

Freerk Bosscha

Noordelijke Hogeschool Leeuwarden

e-mail: f.j.bosscha@nhl.nl