Are there such kinds of attributes ???

Hi all,
   My LDAP service needs to populate some information,such as "temperature" etc.

   Question 1:
   Is there any attribute that can be a “numberical arrange”,
   for example:
   object : temperature
   attributes: 1. arrange:  12 - 20
               2. unit   :  Centigrade/Fahrenheit
   but as I know , attribute value can not be a "arrange" because of
*NO* support of such case. So how can I describe this "numberical arrange"?

   Question 2:
   If I want to describe a "enumerate" value ,such  as "color" value,only in {red, yellow,black,white,green},
is there any way to store such attribute value in LDAP server ? Or I should design
such objectclass/attributes by myself and put in for OID?

   Thanks in advance.:-)

Zhang Fei
zhfei@sdb.ac.cn
2002-11-21