Re: performance problem

I'm assuming you're using something like pam_ldap/nss_ldap to do whatever
authenticating you're talking about...
did you load the database after you added the index lines, or at least run
slapindex after?
FWIW, I also index eq on gidnumber and uidnumber.
-Alan

Alan Sparks, UNIX/Linux Systems Administrator    <asparks@doublesparks.net>