Re: update on: Re: thread problem OpenLDAP 2.1.8 + Solaris 9

I am able to get 800 queries per second on Netra T1 (440Mhz 512MB of RAM),
Solaris 9 (latest recommended patches), opendlap 2.1.8, BDB 4.1.24.

I used DirectoryMark benchmark tool -
http://www.mindcraft.com/directorymark/

I setup a simple access list (access to * by * read) just for testing
purposes, database size was 50000, I used 50000 random generated queries,
25 clients queried the ldap server. BDB cache size did not show any
performance difference with this dataset.  I tried default and 256MB.
loglevel was 0. In my previous testing, ldbm database showed roughly
30% slower performance.

openldap ran solid without any faults, dropped connections or incomplete
queries.  Load was very high on the ldap server, but this was to be
expected with this type of load put on the ldap server.

-Igor

--
Igor