Re: thread problem OpenLDAP 2.1.8 + Solaris 9

At 10:23 AM 2002-11-11, Quanah Gibson-Mount wrote:
>For indexing, we have:

What indexing is or isn't appropriate depends heavily
on use.  So I have no comment here.

>access to dn=".*,cn=Accounts,dc=stanford,dc=edu" attr=suSeasSunetID
>       by dn="cn=replicator,cn=Applications,dc=stanford,dc=edu" write
>       by group="cn=Supervisor,cn=Applications,dc=stanford,dc=edu" read
>       by group="cn=ldapAdmin,cn=Applications,dc=stanford,dc=edu" read
>       by dn="cn=StanfordMailRouter,cn=Applications,dc=stanford,dc=edu" read

You can avoid a regex's by replacing the above with:

access to dn.children="cn=Accounts,dc=stanford,dc=edu" attr=suSeasSunetID
  by dn.base="cn=replicator,cn=Applications,dc=stanford,dc=edu" write
  by group.base="cn=Supervisor,cn=Applications,dc=stanford,dc=edu" read
  by group.base="cn=ldapAdmin,cn=Applications,dc=stanford,dc=edu" read
  by dn.base="cn=StanfordMailRouter,cn=Applications,dc=stanford,dc=edu" read

>We are running Solaris 8, and I'm not sure on the capabilities of its regex libraris.  If they are a known problem, any suggestions on a better one?

I don't have any specific suggestions here as I'm not
familiar available regex libraries for Solaris.

>As for logging, reference my reply to Howard. ;)

One of the problems with logging is that everyone has different
requirements... my general suggestion here is to hack the code
to met your requirements.