Re: openldap with shell backend

> who can me help to compile openldap with shell backend and --with-threads
> on a windows platform? how can i do this?
> i read the solution presented on the www.fivesight.com site but that
> solution is without shell backend.

The man page for slapd-shell states as a limitation, that it can't be used
multi-threaded. Thus, it does not seem to be a Windows specific problem as
far as I can see.

LIMITATIONS
       The  shell  backend does not support threaded environments.  When
using the shell
       backend, slapd(8) should be built --without-thread.

So unless you can get someone to fix back-shell, you are out of luck.

I am having similar difficulties with back-perl, and am having to re-write my
backend as a variant of back-ldap, all in C. It's hard work, but will be
worth it for me.

Cheers,
Stephen Brandon