Re: shell backend

what i wnat to do is to use openldap shell backend authentication via
threading. i need multiple instances of the shell backend application to
run. i have compiled openldap in cygwin with --with-threads option but when
i run the server and the shell backend application is activated, i get the
following error message:
"slapd shutdown: waiting for 1 threads to terminate" and the server hangs.
what can i do? do i have another solution? this solution works well if it is
compiled with the --without-threads option but i need multithreading.

"Tony Earnshaw" <tonni@billy.demon.nl> wrote in message
1036519987.32698.37.camel@billy.demon.nl">news:1036519987.32698.37.camel@billy.demon.nl...
tir, 2002-11-05 kl. 16:28 skrev Marius Cabas:

> I'm running on a Linux machine an Apache server and an OpenLDAP
version
> 2.0.27 server. The OpenLDAP server is compiled using the following
configure
> options for shell backend:
> --disable-ldbm --disable-bdb --enable-slapd --enable-shell --with-threads

> The shell applications are located in /usr/local/bin and the OpenLDAP
server
> in /usr/local/libexec directory. I have introduced the following lines in
> the slapd.conf file:

> include  /usr/local/etc/openldap/schema/core.schema

> database shell
> suffix  "o=shell"

> bind "/usr/local/bin/vtbind"
> search "/usr/local/bin/vtsearch"

> I'm starting the OpenLDAP server using the following command:
> /usr/local/libexec/slapd -d 1
>
> The problem is that the shell backend is not working when a request comes
> (the shell applications are not running) and I get the following error:
> send_ldap_result: conn=0 op=0 p=2
> send_ldap_response: msgid=1 tag=97 err=2

> Can somebody help me?

Pehaps it might be a good idea to tell us all *why* you are doing all of
the above, and what you hope to accomplish. For example, comment each of
the abovementioned alineas.

I run Apache and Openldap 2.1.8, together with LDAP-modified PHP4 and
have an aim. What is your aim?

Best,

Tony

--

Tony Earnshaw

Could have been Henrik Ibsen's, Ole Bull's,
Henrik Wergelands's, Camilla Collet's and more's
last words, but weren't: «Fanden helder, helder
det at have sadset og at have tabt, end det at
 ikke have sadset i det hele taget.»

e-post: tonni@billy.demon.nl
www: http://www.billy.demon.nl