Re: Q: order of multivalue attributes

man, 2002-11-04 kl. 11:19 skrev Thomas Nau:

> Assuming that I use multivalue attributes and store more then a single
> value does LDAP in general or OpenLDAP preserve the order? If so is this
> 'guaranteed'?

I have experience from Openldap 2.1.2 through 2.1.8.

As an example, I have my smtp mail aliases in an LDAP group (as well as
having other multivalue attribute groups). The order of these has always
been preserved in the order they were originally entered, in spite of
version changes.

Guaranteed? I wouldn't guarantee it, it's just worked like that.

Best,

Tony

--

Tony Earnshaw

Could have been Henrik Ibsen's, Ole Bull's,
Henrik Wergelands's, Camilla Collet's and more's
last words, but weren't: «Fanden helder, helder
det at have sadset, end det at ikke have sadset
i det hele taget.»

e-post:		tonni@billy.demon.nl
www:		http://www.billy.demon.nl