Re: URI Directive in slapd.conf doesn't seem to work

tor, 2002-10-31 kl. 16:22 skrev Dave Augustus:

> OK so I read the slapd.conf man page. I am understand now that the URI
> only works in after a database of LDAP is referenced in the slapd.conf
> file.

> BUT, it just seems a little strange that I can't select VIA the
> slapd.conf file the IP/Host that slapd will use. In order to accomplish
> what I want I have to use the command line directive,(which can become
> messy when dealing with startup scripts)

It could seem so, yes. But bear in mind that everyone who deals with
Openldap also has to cope with this sort of thing and few complain. And
no single commercial LDAP implementation that I know of has a forum like
this one (though Novell's comes pretty close.)

There are many things about Openldap that could seem strange compared
to, say, commercial implementations, but the product is supplied at no
charge and has a limited number of people working on it. It seems to be
developing fast both technically and in reliability.

As far as startup scripts go, you're welcome to my (modified Red Hat
Open Source) script and function definitions if you want them. That's
where the daemon startup parameters are given. It copes with plain, TLS
and SSL daemons running on 3 different ports on the same server.

Best,

Tony

--

Tony Earnshaw

Could have been Henrik Ibsen's, Ole Bull's,
Henrik Wergelands's, Camilla Collet's and more's
last words, but weren't: «Fanden helder, helder
det at have sadset, end det at ikke have sadset
i det hele taget.»

e-post:		tonni@billy.demon.nl
www:		http://www.billy.demon.nl