Re: URI Directive in slapd.conf doesn't seem to work

OK so I read the slapd.conf man page. I am understand now that the URI
only works in after a database of LDAP is referenced in the slapd.conf
file.

BUT, it just seems a little strange that I can't select VIA the
slapd.conf file the IP/Host that slapd will use. In order to accomplish
what I want I have to use the command line directive,(which can become
messy when dealing with startup scripts)