Re: ldapadd : Object class violation : attribute mail not allowed

Diane Wong wrote:

ldap_add: Object class violation
               additional info: attribute 'mail' not allowed.

Then I included objectclass: inetOrgPerson in my newentry file hoping that it would include the mail attribute, but I got another error:

First problem fixed, the next error is probably unrelated to this.

ldap_add: Invalid syntax
     additional info: objectclass: value#2 invalid per syntax
ldif_record()=21

Ldif entry number 21 contains an attribute with invalid syntax in it's value. It may be that it must be a numeric value?

To bad one cannot see exactly which attribute is wrong.