password expiration & locking

Hi,

I am developing a web based application, and will have the user memorized in an openldap server.

1)I will need to manager password aging & expiration (User must change password every 90 days for security reason).
2)I will also need to manager user locking/unlocking by and administrator.

I wuold like to know how do you usually manage this things!!!

For 1) I thought to memorize in a new attribute the password date change, and check every time the user try to enter that it is not passed more than 90 days
For 2) I thought to memorize in a new attribute if the login in locked, and check it every time the user try to login.

I thought to use the object class inetorgperson as a base for the "user schema".

Do you have any hint?

Best Regards,
                   Meco