RE: posixGroup/groupOfUniqueNames - schema defs and choices

Since it appears you're using the RFC2307bis definition of posixGroup, which
uses DNs instead of usernames for its member list, you can omit the
groupOfUniqueNames objectclass; it's not giving you any additional
functionality.

I personally would not have defined this sambamember attribute type for the
sambaGroup objectclass. Including the member's RID may be convenient for some
lookups but introducing redundant information into a data store is really
nasty from a management/maintenance perspective. Groups should simply contain
lists of member DNs, and anything you need to know about individual members
should be looked up separately. In particular, using member lists with
unqualified names is always a bad idea, as RFC2307 demonstrated. Any static
reference that forces you to do a filtered search for a single object, rather
than directly looking up the object by DN, is a performance loss. As soon as
you run across multiple NT domains in a single forest you're going to wish
you had a way to disambiguate these simple names in your groups, and the
proper thing is to use DNs from the very beginning. (Yes, this is personal
experience talking, "been there, done that.")

> Example ldif:
> dn: cn=Domain Admins, ou=NTGroups, <base>
> rid: 200
> objectclass: posixGroup
> objectclass: top
> objectclass: sambaGroup
> objectclass: groupOfUniqueNames
> sambamember: Administrator, 1f4, 1
> <more sambamembers>
> ntuid: Domain Admins
> cn: Domain Admins
> gidnumber: 200
> userpassword: {crypt}x
> uniquemember: uid=root,ou=People,<base>
> uniquemember: uid=tarjei,ou=Brukere,<base>
> uniquemember: uid=Administrator, ou=Ntoperators, <base>
> uniquemember: uid=jonas,ou=Brukere,<base>
> uniquemember: cn=samba,ou=People, <base>

  -- Howard Chu