Re: posixGroup/groupOfUniqueNames - schema defs and choices

lør, 2002-10-26 kl. 16:50 skrev Tarjei Huse:

> I'm working on getting my schemas correct for OL 2.1.x. Now, I'm looking at my
> groups. I use three different objectclasses in my group objects:
> - sambaGroup (for tng)
> - posixGroup (nss_ldap)
> - groupOfUniqueNames (for ACLS)

Could be that I'm wrong, but I'd class the above as objectClasses within
schemas. I don't understand the conotation "groups."

> Adding a member becomes a bit of a job but I can live with that. I got two
> question now regarding the use of these groups:
> a) what objects should I set to AUXILIARY and what should I set to STRUCTURAL in
> this context?

As far as I understand it (and I could again be wrong), it's schemas
that denote what objectClasses are AUXILLIARY or STRUCTURAL and the bods
who have made those schemas and are responsible for them denote the
objectClasses as being such.

Like evolutionperson.schema is (alas) STRUCTURAL and its SUPerior is
inetOrgPerson.

Which often gets evolutionperson.schema into a lot of trouble.

> b) Can someone offer me some tips on how I might reduce the number of
> objectclasses I need per group or how I can set the objects so I will not need
> to modify the schemas that come with OL?

Again, what is a "group?"

Best,

Tony

--

Tony Earnshaw

Could have been Henrik Ibsen's, Ole Bull's,
Henrik Wergelands's, Camilla Collet's and more's
last words, but weren't: «Fanden helder, helder
det at have sadset, end det at ikke have sadset
i det hele taget.»

e-post:		tonni@billy.demon.nl
www:		http://www.billy.demon.nl