passwd transformation ##!

hi,

I get the following problem:
To be able to log in as a user, the system is going to ask the shadow
informations.

I've finally found that when I add an user entry to the ldapserver, the
ldapserver transform the passwd!

So when the system compare the encrypted password, it see them as
different and don't ly user to log in...

here is my example:

> ldapadd -x -h obslin9 -D 'cn=manager,dc=test,dc=com' -w foo
dn: uid=pipo,ou=People,dc=test,dc=com
uid: pipo
cn: pipo Cedric
objectClass: account
objectClass: posixAccount
objectClass: shadowAccount
objectClass: top
userPassword: {crypt}pGcHrwn5BOqR6             <------ here
loginShell: /bin/tcsh
uidNumber: 4799
gidNumber: 4700
homeDirectory: /home/system/pipo
gecos: pipo Cedric

adding new entry "uid=pipo,ou=People,dc=obs,dc=unige,dc=ch"

$ ldapsearch -x -L uid=pipo
dn: uid=pipo,ou=People,dc=obs,dc=unige,dc=ch
userPassword:: e2NyeXB0fXBHY0hyd241Qk9xUjY=     <------ here
loginShell: /bin/tcsh
uidNumber: 4799
gidNumber: 4700
homeDirectory: /home/system/pipo
gecos: pipo Cedric

So How can I ask the slapd to not convert the shadow information ??

thanks in advance

briner 2002-10-24