From: Yonah Russ [mailto:yonah@jct.ac.il]
Sent: Sunday, October 13, 2002 07:48
To: Pravin Joshi
Cc: 'openldap-software@OpenLDAP.org'
Subject: Re: Log file location

I believe (I'm new at this also) that slapd logs to syslog. If you
haven't played around with your syslog configuration, you will probably
find your slapd messages in /var/log/messages.

You may find that running slapcat -d -1 is useful for debugging your
schema- I found it more useful than the slapd logs(even with the
loglevel set very high)

you can also run slapd -d -1 and watch the debugging in your terminal
window- also useful

Hope that helps!
yonah