RE: back-BDB

back-bdb is new in OpenLDAP 2.1. back-ldbm using BDB is not the same thing.

You can get OpenLDAP 2.0.26 or 2.0.27 if you need to stick with 2.0.x; the
last known index corruption bug in back-ldbm was fixed in 2.0.26. Also fixed
in back-ldbm in 2.1.5. So far OpenLDAP 2.1.5 appears pretty stable, although
there is a memory leak issue that was recently fixed in CVS.

Slightly off-topic - on the client side, 2.1.5 also has a couple new routines
for parsing search entries that is more efficient than before. The
clients/tools/ldapsearch.c source shows how to use the new functions, but the
old code is used by default. (In Symas cdsclient's ldapsearch we use the new
code. I think it's insignificant for ldapsearch, but it may have a nice
impact on nss_ldap/pam_ldap performance. Still experimenting...)

  -- Howard Chu