AD schema consolidation

Dear sirs,

I am building a centralized administration system for our Active
Directory and LDAP user accounts.

Ufortunately Microsoft has spanned all their proprietary attributes across
the whole core LDAP schema instead of collecting them into a separate class.

My approach is to consolidate all proprietary attributes contained in
the Active Domain user objectclass (and all inherited attributes) into
a separate custom objectclass, within a namespace that does not collide
with the core schema.

Next step is to propagate these attributes using the meta backend and
appropriate regexp translation rules from our main OpenLDAP directory
to AD.

Does anybody here has done something similar? Any comments/experiences?

--
Christos Ricudis				ricudis@itc.auth.gr
Systems Administrator				+30-310-998305