Re: uniqueID attribute?

On Mon, Oct 07, 2002 at 03:42:40PM -0400, ezJoe wrote:

> Websense do not support openldap, they don't support Novell eDirectory
> but I managed to make Websense to pull usernames from eDirectory by
> adding 'uniqueID' attribute to usernames in novell. I thought the same
> trick will doit  with openldap (2.0.23-4), but I cannot add uniqueID
> attribute to openldap users, cause it is not defined in schema. (at

core.schema defines x500UniqueIdentifier
cosine.schema defines uniqueIdentifier

If neither of these is what you want, then you will need to define
your own uniqueID attribute and add a suitable auxiliary objectclass
to permit its inclusion in entries. You can use one of the existing
definitions as a template, but do make sure you get a suitable OID
delegation for your new objects (or use the OID defined in the
directory service you are trying to replace - this would be better for
backwards compatibility)

Andrew