Re: programatically retrive the schema inforamation

Today at 3:25pm, Rajesh Pandry K wrote:

> Is there any option to  get the attribute from remote ldap server it
> would be helpful for me to generalize the client library.

Yes, there is.  Here's a little bash script I have that dumps
attributes, objectClasses, matchingRules and ldapSyntaxes that are legal
on the designated ldap server I point it at:

#!/bin/bash
BASE=`ldapsearch -LLL -s base -x subschemaSubentry | \
	grep ^subsch | sed 's/.*: //'`
ldapsearch -LLL -s base -x -b "${BASE}" objectclass=subschema '+'

Systems Programmer              | Always remember: You are UNIQUE,
                    === God Bless Us All ===