User authentication with ssl

Dear All,

I wish to see example code about how to authenticate user when values
supplied are:
1. Server IP (not directory name)
2. User Name
3. Password
4. SSL is enabled on one of the ports
5. SHA1 is encryption

I will like to have more and more inputs about this. Also if I want to
authenticate the user from VB application, and from VB this authentication
is not possible, then can i write authentication code in C..make that C
program as COM and use it in VB application? Or do we have any other way of
doing this? The budget doesn't allow to use any third party components. Also
im not sure whether any third party components supports encruption and SSL
both.

Thanks & Regards,
Pravin