Re: Mysql as a backend for LDAP

I would argue that your first point cuts both ways: ldap isn't a
replacement for relational databases, just as relational databases
aren't a replacement for ldap.  They're different tools, intended for
different uses. What's that old saw?  When all you have is a hammer,
everything looks like a nail.  Furthermore, I would argue that quite a
bit of thought went into the way data is represented in ldap, it's not
*just* a way of making this information available over the network.
Read Kurt's entry in the faq-o-matic about all this (someone quoted it
earlier).

As far as efficiency (efficiency of what exactly?) goes, I would think
that would depend on what operation you're talking about. In any case,
this is way more involved than I wanted to get in this discussion.
Cheers,
Andrew

andrew.tristan@ucr.edu                Unix Systems Group UC, Riverside