No structuralObjectClass operational error

Hello list,
	Could someone please explain/clarify the error message "No
structuralObjectClass operational" which appears as the error
clarification to an Object Class Violation error when I try to update my
LDAP server with the following via ldapmodify

DN: cn=fred1,ou=people,dc=test,dc=uni,dc=ac,dc=uk
userPassword: {crypt}tChjtuyCU15fJU

The FAQ includes the following:

No structuralObjectClass operational attribute
This is commonly returned when a shadow server is provided an entry
which does not contain the structuralObjectClass operational attribute.

I assume a shadow server is a slave server fed via slurpd but aside from
that the FAQ doesn't seem to contain any more info than the error
itself. (Or am I being dumb again?)

Tim
--
Tim Kay

If I have not seen as far as others, it is because giants were standing
on
my shoulders.