RE: Ldapsearch - how to retrieve multiple pages

The standard for multiple pages includes VLV and Paging found in MS Active Directory. Unfortunately, we couldn't get that to work.

The problem does lie in the functionality of the Microsoft LDAP client which was written as a Address Book provider. It does bind and unbind at intervals and doesn't maintain a "show all" or sorting function.

The work around resulted in writing an address book provider with the same look and feel as Exchange's Global Address List (GAL).You select it from the list of AB providers.

The only problem, if you consider it a problem, is in large Enterprises perforamnce is still slow. SO, we wrote client side caching.

The metrics I was given were: 1) check names in 3 seconds, 2) download an unsorted LDAP list in 10 seconds and 3) download the LDAP list in 15 seconds sorted.

I achieved instantaneous results with check names by indexing the DN used by Microsoft and with client side caching we had the download and sort to 3 seconds.

But, we still lost the account. It's the same problem: Microsoft Exchange Administrators. Welcome to the "real world" - NeMorpheous

D. Slade

BTW Bynari has the handy work and you can download it.