Re: API Libs and the v3 Protocol

Ian Logan wrote:

> You need to do something like:
> int version = 3;
> LDAP *ld = ldap_init( ldap_host, LDAP_PORT );
> ldap_set_option( ld, LDAP_OPT_PROTOCOL_VERSION, &version);

Yeah, it's a pity nobody's ever written a man page for this or
updated the main ldap page to hint at its existance (snip snip).
For the record, the code is in:

<yourldapdirectory>/libraries/libldap/options.c

int
ldap_set_option(
        LDAP    *ld,
        int             option,
        LDAP_CONST void *invalue)
{
        struct ldapoptions *lo;
        int *dbglvl = NULL;

        /* Get pointer to global option structure */
        lo = LDAP_INT_GLOBAL_OPT();
        if (lo == NULL) {
                return LDAP_NO_MEMORY;

Charles B. (Ben) Cranston