RE: could not find suitable LDBM backend

Thanks Howard. I *_thought_* those docs didn't mention make install. I see
it now, guess I was wrong. My bad. I have now uninstalled db-4 and
installed db-3.3.11. Compatability, right?

>> > What file should I specifically be trying to locate, and how do
>> I properly
>> > set the LD_LIBRARY_PATH and CPPFLAGS to point to it?
>
>LDFLAGS and CPPFLAGS for the build. LD_LIBRARY_PATH is for runtime.
>
>Note in this FAQ article:
>http://www.openldap.org/faq/data/cache/43.html

Another my bad... so this time I did "env CPPFLAGS=-I/usr/local/include
LD_FLAGS=-L/usr/local/lib ./configure"... guess what? Same problem. I got
this command from the FAQ at

Also grepping for the version string obtains the same results. I'm getting
pretty much to the end of my rope with this. (must be the full moon)

Thanks for the response.    :)
--
Keith Mastin       BeechTree Information Technology Services Inc.
137 Laird Drive    Toronto    M4G 3V5     http://www.beechtree.ca