Re: could not find suitable LDBM backend

fre, 2002-09-20 kl. 08:19 skrev Keith Mastin:

> WTF? Looks to me like db-4 isn't properly included...

> What file should I specifically be trying to locate, and how do I properly
> set the LD_LIBRARY_PATH and CPPFLAGS to point to it?

> Alternatively, do I really need ldbm? The purpose of ldap on this machine
> is to use the qmail_ldap patch for qmail authentication and to get all
> qmail user account information from an LDAP database.

> Please let me know if any other information is needed.

FWIW:

1: I use Openldap, amongst other things, for Exim smtp server AUTH PLAIN
and AUTH CRAM-MD5 user authentication data, for Exim system aliases,
group aliases, user mail addresses and virtual domains;

2: My versions are Openldap 2.1.4 and Berkeley 4.0.14;

3: IIRC one of the two gentlemen pointed out in this list that BDB 4.1
should *not* be used with Openldap 2.1.x;

4: I have /usr/local/BerkeleyDB.4.0/include/db.h . I moved the original
/usr/include/db.h to db.h.old and symlinked
/usr/local/BerkeleyDB.4.0/include/db.h to /usr/include/db.h and all
configured, compiled and all tests completed o.k. I.e., everything
works. Exim was designed for BDB 3 database libraries, but seems
perfectly happy with BDB 4 and compiles and works well without
complaining.

Hope this helps,

Best,

Tony

--

Tony Earnshaw

Tha can allway tell a Yorkshireman, but tha canna tell 'im much.

e-post:		tonni@billy.demon.nl
www:		http://www.billy.demon.nl
gpg public key:	http://www.billy.demon.nl/tonni.armor

Telefoon:	(+31) (0)172 530428
Mobiel:		(+31) (0)6 51153356

GPG Fingerprint = 3924 6BF8 A755 DE1A 4AD6 FA2B F7D7 6051 3BE7 B981
3BE7B981