RE: Problems with OpenLDAP 2.1.4 and Kerberos

--On Thursday, September 19, 2002 1:34 PM -0700 Anthony Brock <abrock@georgefox.edu> wrote:

I am attempting to connect to Active Directory using the OpenLDAP
ldapsearch binary. So far, none of what I am attempting to do involves
an OpenLDAP server. Given this situation, I agree that the keytab file
on the UNIX server is not important. However, it does appear that I
should be receiving a ticket for
"ldap/ads01.campus.georgefox.edu@CAMPUS.GEORGEFOX.EDU" in my credentials
cache if ads01.campus.georgefox.edu is our test server.

Am I incorrect in this assumption? The learning curve on this is
amazing.....

Tony,

That would be correct if you were using an openldap server under windows. Since you are using AD, and not OpenLDAP, I'm not really sure how it does K5 authentication. There is an AD group here that I work with that I will query about this, since we use K5 here at Stanford.

--Quanah

--
Quanah Gibson-Mount
Senior Systems Administrator