Problem Adding Multi-Valued Attribute (SGI/IRIX)

I am trying to add two values of a multi-valued attribute to an object using the latest stable release of OpenLDAP on SGI/IRIX. I get error message "ATTRIBUTE_OR_VALUE_EXISTS" when adding the object to the server. The object class and attribute were user-defined and the attribute by default was multi-valued.

As a further test, I tried adding two telephoneNumbers to Person object class. I get the same message. I could however, add the entry to the server with one telephoneNumber. I can then modify the entry and add the second telephoneNumber.

Any help with the problem would be appreciated.

Thanks.
Sharat