Re: Write-intensive LDAP

Hi Adam Williams,

> 2.1.x with back-bdb is transactional and with sufficient RAM should be
> able to handle a moderate write load.  How many writes are we talking
> (per second)?

Perhaps one change per second.  I really have no idea if that is much in
terms of LDAP.  The whole slurp process might slow things down perhaps,
but I'm really uncertain (and could not find measurements, of course).

Your question already indicates I shouldn't worry about this amount of
writes.  Well, that's cool :)

Do transactions help to speed things up because they allow concurrency
control?  In RDMS they cause a lot of overhead -- hence the speed of MySQL,
which lacks transactions.

-Rick