Re: Solaris automount and Openldap

On Tuesday 17 September 2002 03:01, Heinrich Rebehn wrote:
| Hi Karsten,
|
| thanks for your success story. Anyway, by the time of reading it, i had
| already given Solaris 9 a try (after no succes with Solaris 8) and it
| worked immediately without changes! The only thing is that, if the key
| contains an underscore ("_") or period, automount fails! The entry is shown
| while browsing the automount point, but i cannot access it. If i remove the
| underscore from the key name, it works. Did you experience similar
| behaviour?

Good to know that Solaris 9 works out of the box! I didn't try it yet but it's
on my list. We don't have any keys with underscores or periods in them so we
didn't see that problem. But we have some keys with uppercase characters
which we had to escape with a "%" according to Sun's convention. For
instance, our entry for /opt/SUNWspro looks like this (ugly):

dn: cn=/opt/%S%U%N%Wspro,nismapname=auto_direct,dc=rentec,dc=com
cn: /opt/%S%U%N%Wspro

I wonder whether this is still necessary with Solaris 9?

| On a related note, one can always get the Solaris automounter to work using
| executable maps, but then browsing does not work.

Yes, but we're still using NIS+ as our main name service and import all the
maps and everything from there and it works fine for us. LDAP as Solaris name
service is still in test here.

--
Karsten.

No trees were destroyed in the sending of this  message, however,
a significant number of electrons were terribly inconvenienced.