alias and ref question

I am looking to import my DNS zones files in to an LDAP directory.  I have
found a schema that works however I have a questions regarding designing the
directory structure.  The schema I'm using (from ldap2dns) stores SOA
records for a zone file in cn=domain.com,ou=dns,o=top.  What I would like to
do is have a template entry (called cn=TEMPLATE,ou=dns,o=top) which stores
standard SOA record information and then have other entries reference it.
Here's an example:

dn: cn=TEMPLATE1,ou=dns,o=top
objectClass: DNSzone
dnsrefresh: 10800
dnsretry: 3600
dnsexpire: 3600000
dnsminimum: 86400
dnsadminmailbox: dns.domain.com
dnszonemaster: host.domain.com
cn: TEMPLATE1

dn: cn=test.com,ou=dns,o=top
objectClass: DNSzone
objectClass: alias
cn: test.com
dnsserial: 2002091501
dnszonename: test.com
aliasedObjectName: cn=TEMPLATE1,ou=dns,o=top

What I would like to do is when a request is made for
cn=test.com,ou=dns,o=top, it will return the attributes from that entry
(dnsserial and dnsserial) as well as the attributes from the template entry.
I tried using the above LDIFs but it wouldn't allow me to create child
objects to cn=test.com,ou=dns,o=top.

I'm wondering if this is possible on the back-end side.  I kind of doubt it.
I can code what I need on the front-end side but I was wondering if it is
possible using the directory.

thanks,

Aaron