Re: Fail over

On Wed, Sep 11, 2002 at 09:37:05AM -0600, Banzaitron wrote:
| Can someone in the know comment about multi-master replication?  It
| definitely would be nice to have two LDAPs keeping each other in synch
| (rather than one readonly emergency backup).  Is it available in 2.1.X?
| What steps are involved in implementing it if it is available?
|
| Thanks,
| Andy

Multimaster involves experimental code that needs some extra work to
enable (i.e. you have to do things *before* configure --enable-multimaster
will work).  Its in 2.0.25, and my memory is that the mailing list archives
(I think development) have notes on how to do it.

I should note that before you do that, look *very* carefully at the
code that is enabled by multimaster (SLAPD_MULTIMASTER tags), because
there are some rather interesting side effects on how multimaster is
currently implemented.

Ryan Moats