samba and openldap configuration

I'm working my way thru configuring samba to use openldap
and seem to have hit upon a weird problem quite near the

I'm not sure if it's better to ask on the samba list or the ldap
list but thought I'd try here first to see if anyone has seen this
error message.

I'm following the document samba-ldap-howto on samba.org
and it says to include:

include /etc/openldap/schema/samba.schema

in my slapd.conf which I have done.  I have copied
the samba.schema to this location as well.

When I restarted ldap, it complains:

/etc/openldap/schema/samba.schema: line 147: AttributeType not found:

Does anyone know why this is happening?  I am using samba-2.2.5
and RedHat rpm of ldap labeled 2.0.23-4... open ldap server is working
fine until I add this line.