Re: entry with null rdn

At 10:04 AM 2002-09-05, Andrew Tristan wrote:
>How do I remove an entry with a null rdn?
>
>I have an entry with a dn of 'id=,ou=Persons,dc=ucr,dc=edu'.  When I
>try to remove this entry, I get,
>        Delete Result: Unknown error (80)
>        Additional info: DN index delete failed

Sounds like a DN normalization or DN indexing bug.  If using
2.0, you likely should try 2.0.25 or OPENLDAP_REL_ENG_2.  The
latter support dn2id reindexing via slapindex.  Or, try 2.1.4
or OPENLDAP_REL_ENG_2_1.

Of course, as the general upgrade mechanism is to rebuild the
server, you can delete the entry from the LDIF before reloading.

Kurt