schema(s) for network host tracking

This may be offtopic here, if so please just tell me privately.

I've used the excellent guide at http://ofb.net/~jheiss/krbldap/
to get openldap, ssl, and kerberos authentication working well together.

Unfortunately, now I need to add the data. :)
Is the an RFC or other widely used schema for inventorying/tracking
hosts in an ldap database? The basic schema's include ipName, and
macAddress, but we're looking for things like room, building, network
jack, serial#, etc etc etc.

Any recommendations?
--
Hunter Matthews                          Unix / Network Administrator
Office: BioScience 145/244               Duke Univ. Biology Department