Re: AW: Noob configuration issues

tor, 2002-09-05 kl. 11:18 skrev Tarassov Vadim:

> how could you manage to make slapd to log? I use solaris,
>  I wrote in /etc/syslog.conf following:
> local4.*        /var/log/ldap.log

O.k., that's what I do.

> and restarted syslog daemon. Still I don't get any byte
>  in /var/log/ldap.log.

> I run slapd as root, /var/log exists, root may write there,
> in slapd.conf I have
> loglevel -1

O.k. Now just suppose you login as root, and do:

'/usr/local/libexec/slapd'

what do you see on your term screen (aka stdout)?

> Am I supposed to have any secret knowledge to make
>  slapd to log?

It isn't so much "secret knowledge" as getting slapd to run in the first
place. It's supposed to run as a daemon, all the time. Without that,
nothing else works :-)

Best,

Tony

--

Tony Earnshaw

The usefulness of RTFM is vastly overrated.

e-post:		tonni@billy.demon.nl
www:		http://www.billy.demon.nl
gpg public key:	http://www.billy.demon.nl/tonni.armor

Telefoon:	(+31) (0)172 530428
Mobiel:		(+31) (0)6 51153356

GPG Fingerprint = 3924 6BF8 A755 DE1A 4AD6 FA2B F7D7 6051 3BE7 B981
3BE7B981