Re: Cannot install openLDAP with gdbm

Hello,

With "--disable-bdb --enable-ldbm--with-ldbm-api=gdbm" options for
configure, I am able to compile openLDAP v 2.1.4.

Now, I am facing another problem when I run slapd. The check for slapd is
failing. When I enter the commond shown below, I get following output (No
such object):

$ ldapsearch -x -b 'dc=wipro,dc=com' '(objectclass=*)'
version: 2

#
# filter: (objectclass=*)
# requesting: ALL
#

# search result
search: 2
result: 32 No such object

# numResponses: 1

The slapd.conf file is as follows:
database        ldbm
suffix          "dc=dilbert,dc=wipro,dc=com"
rootdn          "cn=Manager,dc=dilbert,dc=wipro,dc=com"
rootpw          secret
directory       /usr/local/var/openldap-data
index   objectClass     eq

Thanks in davance,
Mahavir