Re: Noob configuration issues

Suggest you try the -h option on ldapsearch and give the server name, see
if that makes a difference.  Sometimes does for me.

Also, make sure whether you've compiled with tcp wrappers, and if so added
a rule for 'slapd' to your hosts.allow file.

Failing those ideas, raise the debugging level in slapd.conf and see if
something pertinent appears in your syslog.
-Alan

Alan Sparks, UNIX/Linux Systems Administrator    <asparks@doublesparks.net>