Using LDAP for authentication

Perhaps this isn't the right forum (I couldn't connect to the archives to peruse them first). If not, my apologies and if someone could point me to the right spot, I'd appreciate it.

I want to authenticate a bunch of machines against the LDAP server. That's easy. :-)

What's more interesting are:

1.) Can I set it up so that a given uid is only valid on certain hosts?

2.) Can I set it up so that a given uid might have, say, /bin/bash as a shell on host1, and /bin/false as a shell on host2?

3.) Similarly, can I set up different homedirs? (on our production environment users have shared home directories depending on what they do, billing, order-entry, etc.)

Thanks much in advance,

| Derek J. Balling             | "You can get more with a kind  |
| dredd@megacity.org           |  word and a two-by-four, than  |
| www.megacity.org/blog/       |  you can with just a kind      |
|                              |  word."               - Marcus |