RE: basic authentication error against ldap

Hi Adam

When you said, refer to the documentation, were you talking about the
link your provided
at the bottom? (ftp://ftp.kalamazoolinux.org/pub/pdf/ldapv3.pdf)

I downloaded the file and couldn't find anything on how to enable
ldapv2.

>From the bug link below
(http://www.openldap.org/lists/openldap-bugs/200206/msg00126.html), it
says:

"to enable LDAPv2 kbind in HEAD, use env ol_enable_kbind=yes
./configure"

Is this it, or does this only apply to the HEAD version, or was it a
temporary fix at the time?

I did a ./configure --help and the only option I see would be:

--enable-referrals      enable LDAPv2+ Referrals (experimental) [no]

what if I don't want Referrals (or is that an integral part of
ldapV2)? The word "experimental" also worries me a little bit.

Lastly, if I run ./configure again with this option, have I got to
include all the other options I had included in my previous
./configure? And is there a need to rebuild the database afterwards or
will that "stick"? :)

Thanks in advance
Jose Correia