RE: basic authentication error against ldap

>Ok you all seemed to be in silence to my request so I figured there
>must have been something posted earlier.

Or that this isn't really and OpenLDAP question,  but one about an apache module.

>I found this :
>http://www.openldap.org/lists/openldap-bugs/200206/msg00126.html
>which says :
>Now does this mean that support for ldapv2 has been completely
>removed?

No.  OpenLDAP 2.1.x only enables LDAPv3 by default.  You can enable LDAPv2,  see
the documentation.

>I know most of you don't know the module mod_authz_ldap (vs0.20) but
>does the error above mean that the module does not support ldapv3 and
>is therefore sending a ldapv2 request.

Yes,  that is exactly what it means.

>Thanks in advance and please reply, even if it is to say to look
>somewhere else... I am trying hard here...

ftp://ftp.kalamazoolinux.org/pub/pdf/ldapv3.pdf